To master the skill of a sport, one must first be able to be an athlete. At BOLT, the philosophy for training athletes consists of 5 laws for performance and injury prevention.
- Before all else, we must move well
- We must be strong enough to tolerate the specific stresses placed on the body during sport. There is no “sport specific training,” only “sport specific demands.”
- We must be have proper mechanics to run, stop, jump, land, cut, brace, and rotate efficiently.
- Only then can we build true speed, power, and explosiveness.
- We train hard, and recover harder
After a 1 on 1 performance evaluation and consultation discussing an athlete’s goals, sport demands, and practice/competition schedule, an individualized program will be designed to fit the athlete.